We’re HYDRAGUN. We make simple, premium recovery products used and loved by world-class athletes, health and fitness professionals, and other serious and exciting people.
If you happen to be in the market for a sauna blanket, we have just one thing to say to you:
Our sauna blanket, the HeatPod, is the most competitively-priced option on the market today.
What’s more, we also believe it’s the very best sauna blanket that money can buy. Read on to find out why.
- Zips vs. velcro
- Zips cost a little more than velcro. We’ve opted for zips because we feel they lock in the heat better, and they don’t pick up hair, lint and other fluff like velcro does.
- Zero-EMF vs. low-EMF heating coils
- We’ve chosen to take the extra step of placing additional layers of EMF-blocking Faraday shielding around the carbon fiber infrared coils that power the HeatPod.
...we’ve opted for zero so you’ll have complete peace of mind.”
- If you opt for a low-EMF option, you will probably still not turn into the Incredible Hulk. But we’ve opted for zero so you’ll have complete peace of mind.
- Temperature range
- Saunas need to be hot to be effective– and we’re extremely confident that you will not be better off with a blanket with a lower temperature range than ours.
- Precision control
- The beautiful thing about having your very own at-home sauna is the ability to tailor the experience to suit your needs and preferences.
- So we’ve made sure the HeatPod is fully customizable.
- See below for our hot take on crystals – no pun intended.
In short, we think we make pretty much the best-configured sauna blanket on the market today.
How did we manage this? Read on.
The magic of no crystals
We love a good crystal as much as the next person, but we simply do not believe that they add any value to a sauna blanket.
So we left them out of ours – and passed the savings in materials and shipping weight on to you.
(Well – we also run a highly efficient digital-first business setup which enables operational cost savings, but that’s another story.)
As you may know, sauna use is associated with an incredibly wide range of health benefits, according to both traditional wisdom and the latest scientific research.
A recent review of the available scientific literature (Patrick and Johnson, 2021) summed up the key benefits as follows:
- Anti-aging benefits from release of heat shock proteins, which promote cell regeneration and preserve proteome integrity Read more
- Same physiological effects as cardio exercise, with similar cardiovascular and longevity benefits Read more
- May help maintain muscle mass by boosting growth hormone synthesis and Akt/mTOR pathway activity, and improve metabolic capacity and endurance Read more
- Cognitive and brain health benefits like increased neuroplasticity and neurogenesis in areas of the brain related to learning and memory Read more
- Mental health benefits from increased BDNF and endorphins and reduced cortisol, including relief from anxiety and depression symptoms Read more
- Dose-dependent, cumulative benefits – that is, the more you sauna, the more the benefits accumulate! Read more
That’s frankly enough benefits from just sauna use alone, that we think you can do without the crystals – which in our view do not add any real health and wellness benefits.